Thursday, July 1, 2010

Two vs. Two is great!

This is the end of the first week with Kevin home for summer vacation. I keep thinking it is the weekend as it is strange to have him home, but I am loving it. We are working on keeping the twins on a consistent eating/sleeping schedule and I'm hoping that will lead to the coveted "sleeping through the night" sometime soon. They are already good sleepers and usually sleep in 4-5 hour chunks at night which is not terrible. All of the books say that we have to go off of their adjusted age (subtracting ~5 weeks from their actual age to account for the fact they were born early) when looking for milestones - that would make the twins 5 weeks old. The book I am currently reading during my pumping sessions targets 7-9 weeks for when they might sleep through the night. I'll keep you updated on our success. :-)

Kevin and I got another night out this past weekend and attended the wedding of one of his basketball coaches. It was a lot of fun, though I learned how exhausting it is just getting out the door - getting the bottles prepared for the babies and myself beautified took a lot out of me, so that by the time we got to the wedding, I was already beat.

We have been enjoying the daily changes in our babies. Both are more alert and awake. They smile more and make all sorts of interesting noises. We took our first walk as a family the other night as Philly is enjoying a break from the heat/humidity for a few days. Today we are planning to take the kids over to Kevin's parents for another mini-adventure. We haven't gone many places with them yet so this is a big step for us.

Here are some new pictures:

Hope hamming it up in one of our bouncy seats.
Above, Jack in his tie onesie for the last time (it is too small for my growing boy!). Below is Jack chilling after a feeding.

My dad and his grandbabies right before a nap.
Someone else likes the activity mat as much as Hope and Jack! Below is my first attempt at video clips/iMovie - Kevin caught one of Hope's new noises as well as some other cute shots of both kids with our camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment