Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurricane Sandy update and some Halloween pics


A five day weekend is as good of an excuse as any to get caught up on my blog updates.  As many of you know, the greater Philadelphia area was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Sandy so Kevin and I have had a few days off and home with Hope & Jack.  We were very fortunate to only lose power for an hour or so on Monday and just have a few tree branches to deal with in our yard.  That is quite a contrast from our beloved Jersey Shore and many of our friends in the greater NJ/NYC area so we are very grateful.  Kevin will return to LM today though his students get another day off.  I'm off again as J&J is still putting things back together.  Their headquarters are in North Jersey so I'm not surprised that most facilities do not have power and the overall network is a mess.  SEPTA is back running so I'm hoping that our nanny makes it to Havertown today so I can hide and get some more stuff accomplished. 

I posted these photos to facebook earlier today and wanted to get them on the blog too as I know many of you are not facebook users.  We had them taken a couple weeks ago by a mom from my multiples club who is an aspiring photographer and was offering mini-photo sessions in costumes at a local park.  I think Halloween has not been postponed in Havertown so maybe the twins will make it back into these outfits tonight, but at least I have the photos!!!  Neither one really knows what Halloween is yet and they don't get much exposure to candy so I'm not sure they'll notice if we don't trick or treat???  Does that make us bad parents???  Jack is most recently OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse Club House and has been watching the Halloween episode daily, but I don't think he's made the connection with the day in the park and his Elmo suit. Could Hopie be a more adorable lady bug?







No comments:

Post a Comment