My husband suggested I keep a blog this morning as we discussed our plans for this Sunday. He had a decent list of errands and chores to get accomplished, a typical Sunday. I on the other hand had not much on my list - start my new book, find something to watch on TV, get a high score on online tetris, pet my cats, etc.
See I am on bedrest. Today is the start of day 3. To explain, I am 22 weeks pregnant with twins and found out last Thursday night that I was starting to show signs of preterm labor - shortening cervix and contractions. Very very scary as at 22 weeks, my twins cannot survive outside my womb and thus cannot arrive anytime soon. So I am home in my bedroom and only allowed to get up to make trips to the bathroom. My husband is now my caretaker, nursemaid, personal chef, and cheerleader. Since you may or may not know me in real life, I will explain that I am not the type of person who sits still well. I get stir crazy when not accomplishing something. I am type A all the way. I love lists and I love crossing things off my lists. I am control freak and thus this new reality of mine is clearly out of my control and absolutely not part of how I planned to spend the months getting ready to become a mom.
But a mom is what I desperately want to become. It was not easy for my husband and I to get to this point and thus it is not all that surprising that our difficult journey to parenthood remains to be difficult. I don't know why that is. My husband likes to remind me that for us everything so far in our relationship together has worked out wonderfully in the end -- even if not exactly how I had planned it would work out in advance in my head. So this is just one of those situations that I need to have confidence in. Not how I planned it to be, but how it is.
BR day 3
22 wks 2 dys
No comments:
Post a Comment