I discovered today that I still know the names of most of the characters on General Hospital despite not watching the show since I went to college in 1996. My mother got me hooked at a pretty young age as she was often able to watch due to her schedule as a teacher. When she was not home for the 3pm airing, she would tape the episodes and we would watch them together at night. Even my dad knew some of the story lines. Anyway, religiously watching a soap opera was not the cool thing to do at Colby College and usually conflicted with one of my labs or crew practice so I gave it up. Today I watched my first full episode in quite some time and though I have a few years of story lines to catch up on, I am excited to be back on the wagon.
I think establishing some sort of routine of activities will be good for me, keeping me occupied and feeling positive. Still working out the kinks of my said routine but will include morning TV talk shows (gotta love Regis and Kelly!), knitting, reading, entertaining myself on the internet, napping, General Hospital, and accomplishing some sort of important task on my "to do" list so that I don't feel like a complete lazy bum. Today's important accomplishment was reworking my "to do" list. I had quite a ridiculous list that I have been carrying around for the past few weeks which included all the things my husband and I wanted to accomplish before the arrival of our twins. Some of things can still be handled with on line purchases and phone calls and all of the other things have just been re-prioritized to non-essential or can wait until after bedrest is over and the babies arrive. In some ways, it is refreshing to have so much less to focus on and I can use all of my energy focusing on my babies and keeping them safe. I have always been one to take on too much ending up stressed, grouchy, and miserable (for example - planning my wedding in Philadelphia while living in Chicago and trying to graduate with my PhD). Perhaps this is my body finally taking a stand!
So in short, I am feeling good and plan to ride this wave of positivity for as long as I can. We got to the doctor tomorrow so I will be able to get an update. I did finally feel both babies kick today (something I have been waiting weeks for) so really, it is a good day.
BR day 4
22wk 3dys
No comments:
Post a Comment