Things are going fine in twin central. Everything revolves around their eating schedule. They mostly sleep between feedings so I am finding some time to do other things - like eat, shower, and check my email - esp. on days when Kevin and/or his mom are around to tag team the bottle feedings. I was alone on Monday while Kevin was at work, at my request so I could see what it is like to care for them on my own - first feeding Hope, then Jack (or vice versa of course), and then to pump, only to get to repeat it 3-4 hours later (from when I start). The whole process takes somewhere between 1.5-2 hours which is not terrible. I survived, but was very thankful both that Kevin is a school teacher and his work day ends at 3pm and that we'd set it up so his mom was coming the next day to help for the rest of the week. I am still working towards the goal of breast feeding both kids at the same time as I have grand visions of it freeing up all this time! A lactation consultant (who is also a parent to twins) is coming tomorrow so we will find out if the kids have gotten any better at breast feeding.
Other than that, here are some new photos. Today, Kevin's mom and I got a kick out of how much Hope squirms and moves in the crib. It doesn't seem to matter how far from Jack we place her, as she always manages to squirm her way closer to him. If she keeps this up, they will be in separate cribs a lot sooner than my estimated 4 month date (based on what I've read/heard from other twin moms is common). Luckily Jack does not seem to mind her kicking, cuddling, and/or screaming in his ear. I think he is used to it!
Here they are both peacefully sleeping and then one of them not so peaceful, having broken free of their swaddles and demanding to eat!

This is a sequence of photos highlighting Hope's crib adventures.
inching a little closer to Jack . . .
finally tucking her hand underneath him
so you can see how far she squirmed her way over, swaddled and all. We typically lay them down in the middle of the burp cloths to catch any spit up.

"Could I be any cuter?" says Jack
Yes, I can!
After a busy nap of squirming in the crib, someone did not want to wake up to eat!!!
But she does look rather cute in brown and pink!
And so peaceful when asleep . . .
Jack from a couple days ago -- with a secret smile in Dad's arms!

This was a different nap on Wednesday where we found her with her head by Jack's feet (initially she was placed perpendicular to him), clutching his blanket tightly in her hand and screaming at the top of her lungs. Not sure why?? And through it all, he did not wake up!
XOXO to you all!
Could these babies be any cuter?!?!?!?! And how excited are you to be drinking your caffeine again? We can't wait to come and see everyone in a couple of weeks. We'll be coordinating with you over e-mail!
ReplyDeleteLove, Bridget and Dave