Since everything is new to infants, it is not surprising that this week has included a few firsts for Hope and Jack. However since both of these firsts are a big deal to Mom and Dad as well, I figured I would share them with you. Wednesday night we went out to dinner as a family for the first time at a restaurant! Our 3rd anniversary was Tuesday and we celebrated at home with a yummy home cooked meal. Because he knows I never like to end celebrations after one day, Kevin suggested we go out on Wednesday to continue the fun. We ended up at JP Dawsons - a steak/rib place - which worked out great as they have these koala slings which hold car seats perfectly. Dinner was timed for after the twins' feeding and Jack didn't open his eyes once in the restaurant. Hope was a little more startled by the noise, lights, and commotion, but settled down quickly once we adjusted the canopy over her seat. Mom and Dad enjoyed ribs and our return to restaurants as a couple/family. As I watched some of the tables around us who had small children with them, I soon realized that taking two infants out to a restaurant was a breeze compared to what it will be like as Hope and Jack get older, louder, and more mobile.
The second first came today as the twins took their first ride over the river to Jersey for dinner at my dad's. We were finally able to introduce the kids to our good family friends Helen and Rick. Prior to this, we have made trips to Kevin's parents, his brother's house, and up to Allentown for Nick/Melissa's son Nate's baptism. But Hope and Jack's first trip to the Garden State obviously needs to be mentioned! Again, it really was not that difficult and I am surprised it has taken us this long to get over there. But regardless, I am happy we went and look forward to our next visit.
You see, this is why Jack and I get along so well. He is perfectly happy and mellow as long as he is comfortable just like Aunt Marianne (& Uncle Ben too!)Love to see Hope's belly! Glad the weights are moving in the right direction and all is busy at the Grugans'.
ReplyDeleteThey are too cute Kate! Love the new BOB, we just got the same one! It sounds like everything is going well for you and the newest additions to the family. Take care and keep enjoying the fun : )
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Sandra