Thursday, April 12, 2012

April already?

As is my style, I will start this update with my usual paragraph listing all my excuses for why I've been lax with putting up my new post.  Perhaps its laziness or exhaustion --- Perhaps it's because my little babies are growing up so fast and I don't want to believe they will be TWO in less than two weeks  -- Perhaps its because after Kevin's long and intense basketball season, I was just happy to have a little bit more time to stay later at work and run a few more errands.  Who knows!  But I have plenty of new photos and lots of stories, so here goes!


First off, a shout out to Kevin and the LM 2012 Aces who made it all the way to the state championship game.  Kevin predicted in mid January that this team had a chance and at that point, I couldn't imagine a basketball season that would go all the way to March 24.  But he was right and it did . . . and being a superfan wife, I was there complete with the 4 hour bus ride each way on the "adult" fan bus.  A big thanks to Kevin's parents, Aunt Mary and Cousin Kate for watching the twins so I could catch a few of the playoff games and to my dad for coming along to a few of the game and helping to entertain the kids at them.  In the end, his team lost a tough game to Chester High School who is currently ranked as one of the top 5 basketball teams in the county.  Here are a couple photos of Kevin from the season:

celebrating a big win . . .

Drawing up a winning play . . .



Now back to H&J:

 I love this photo of Hope.  She looks like the sweetie she is . . . usually!
 As if anyone is surprised that Jack has a basketball hoop as a tub toy!  He is really into balls of all types right now and likes to tell you what they all are -- football, soccer ball, baseball, basketball, orange ball, blue ball, etc.
 Before taking this picture, Jack handed me my cell phone and said "cheese."  He looks so grown up!
 So happy we can get outside . . .
 Lovin' her new wheels!
 You caught me Mommy!
 Jack and his buddy Declan at the Philly Zoo
 Trying out the rocking horse at Granddad's (made by my Uncle Lew for Ben when we were kids)
 Peek a boo, Mommy!  I see you!
 Kevin captured this hair pulling moment.  Hope has quite the grip when she wants to and Jack got caught in the shuffle!  Hope thinks this is so much fun . . . Jack and I, not so much!
We finally turned around the car seats and both kids are loving their new view and extended leg room.  Jack loves the proximity to mom and dad and the opportunities for non-stop conversation.  Hopie is a big fan of the new kicking possibilities.
 Here's Jack finishing my pizza the other night.  He doesn't like cut up pieces of pizza but if he's given the option of eating my piece, he's all set.  I think Kevin and Jack will soon be competing for my crusts.
 Silly with sunglasses

This weekend I am off to a girls weekend in NYC with my Colby friends to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of Hillary.  I couldn't be more excited.  In honor of the festivities, here's a photo from one of our most memorable get-togethers (2005?) complete with a "group hug" and the best mini van driver ever (Kevin)!  Hill and Erin arrived early last night to get in a little bonding time with the twins and I cannot wait for all of us to be together in the Big Apple!

I will be posting again soon after next weekend's big birthday and with more information on the upcoming ASF walk (May 19th).  If you want to join our team as a walker or virtual team member, you can at http://secure.angelman.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&eventID=527&teamID=5099  We are raising money to donate to ASF's support of research and appreciate any donations!  Every little bits helps!  Thanks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment