Here are a few photos from last week's 2nd birthday festivities. We had a small party at our house on Saturday and celebrated H&J's actual birthday on Sunday just the four of us with a special breakfast out and a very relaxing day at home!
I decided to be slightly Betty Crocker this year and made cupcakes and a cake for the party. I found this image on pintrest months ago and was inspired. While mine did not come out as good as my inspiration, I was quite pleased with the results and Jack definitely thought they were Elmo so that's all that matters.
I was even happier with how Hope's cake turned out. I hope you can tell what I was going for below modeled after one of my baby girl's favorite foods! I didn't photograph the inside but it was four layers of alternating pink and purple cake which I carved into said shape! Way too many episodes of Ace of Cakes and Ultimate Cake Off were watched while I was on bed rest. :-) The hardest part of all of this was finding the best frosting recipe. I would like to call myself a connoisseur of butter cream and hold L&M (Delran, NJ) and Dinkles (Chicago, IL) in high esteem. Why make cakes when you can eat one from one of these establishments? Sigh . . . if only I lived closer. Anyway, I made two different frostings as I wasn't happy with my first batch and highly recommend frosting #2. Note, if you don't plan to make frosting ever and want to enjoy any future cake I make, it is probably in your best interest to not inspect the butter content of said recipe. :-)
Hope was pretty excited her Grandmom came to her party! But she holds a special place in her heart for Daddy.
I think Jake was having a good time and just didn't want a picture taken. A boy wants to ride a dinosaur in peace.
Jack and all his cousin playmates retrieving the wiffle ball from over the fence for the 100th time. Since the party, ALL he wants to do is go play outside.
Here I am helping Jack blow out his candles. At the end of the song, he pointed to the cupcake and said Elmo. He then looked at me and asked for an Ernie cupcake next. Seriously? 
Hopie was more excited for the all the singing and to get her picture taken than she was for the arriving piece of cake. But then she had a bite . . . she definitely got my sweet tooth!
Nate = Marshmallow /Icing coma . . .
Jack inspecting one of his new Elmo story books . . . Thanks Cousin Kate!
Birthday Breakfast! Jack was entertained the entire breakfast by two straws and one cup of ice water. It's the simple things in life like a peaceful breakfast out that I am so thankful! :-)






No comments:
Post a Comment