Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mothers Day and ASF Walk Recap

Before I get to the Mother's Day and Walk photos, I had to share these few of Jack trying out his new birthday gifts.  No surprise that Granddad got Jack his first set of golf clubs and started his lessons immediately. 


The twins also got a picnic table sized to them which has become our coloring zone.  Needless to say, I have had to rush out to get a magic eraser as we are still working on  the "you only color on paper message". 


I've finally given in to the complaints from Kevin and our nanny Danna that Hope's barrettes were not holding her hair and braved ponytails.  She's very squirmy so its not so easy and thus I was dragging my feet.  But I've faced my fears and she looks so darn cute with her 80s side pony.  Danna is better at it then me and Hope usually sports a Pebbles style pig tail and the top of her head when under her watch. 
To start Mother's Day weekend off right, Jack and I had our first mommy/son solo playdate.  We met Dana and Colton at the Please Touch Museum and had a blast.  Here's Jack at the water tables and in the grocery store.  He filled his shopping cart completely with fruit - what a proud mama, I was!


And on the carousel . . . you can see Colton in the back of picture 2.

The Please Touch Museum was so fun and I can't wait to go back with Kevin and Hope.

I took this photo of Jack on Mother's Day morning.  Despite the sour face, I love this photo as it highlights all of his curls. Both twins have had lots of curls come in as their hair has gotten longer.  Looking at them makes me think of my mom, who like me, had poker straight hair and always wanted some curls.   So add their curls to list things I cannot take credit for, along with their blue eyes and blond hair.
I try to take a photo of the kids and me on Mother's Day.  This year it was a lot harder (very reminiscient to our attempts at Christmas Card photos). 

some of the better ones . . .

Jack is seconds from full blown tears if I don't let him go quick. 
Disappointment for mom . . .

After our failed photo shoot, we took the kids to their first Phillies game.  Here's Jack in his seat.
and here's Hope in hers. 
Unfortunately we were right underneath a speaker and poor Hope was startled every time something good happened (cheering) or a new batter came up to the plate (loud music was played).  We only lasted about 1.5 innings in our actual seats before going to find some place quieter with a little less sensory overload for my baby girl.   I found a quieter spot where I could still see with plenty of room for me keep Hope's stroller in motion and watched from there.  Jack and Kevin joined us which introduced a new problem to the afternoon.  Keeping Jack contained when all he wanted to do was run free.  Luckily we had one of his new favorite toys -- a straw to keep him happy. 

Mother's Day photo attempt #25 . . . well, at least I look cute. 
See Mommy this part of the ball park is much better.
At Chickie and Pete's after the game, smiles and kisses for the girls,  and  crab fries and a cup of water w/ straw for Jack. 
Last weekend, Team Hope's 2nd annual walk benefiting the Angelman Syndrome Foundation was a huge success.  I never did figure out how many people made up our team this year, but there were a lot of return walkers from last year and many first time team members.  Thanks to all of you for coming out to support Hope, our family and AS research.  It's a very special day and I hope that we all keep the tradition for years to come.  At last check, Team Hope has raised $3415 and was in third place among the Philadelphia teams in fundraising.  Donations through September count so if you were thinking of donating, there is still plenty of time.  

Team Hope . . . not in its entirety.
Jack found two of his favorite play things early in the day . . . cousin Meghan and a basketball hoop. 




We decided to put Hope in the backpack for the walk this year and she had a blast.  It was pretty sunny, but luckily multiple applications of sunscreen kept her gorgeous white skin white.  The blue balloons were given to any of the "angels."  So Hope bopped us in the head throughout the entire 4+ mile walk. 




I have finally figured out how to add a feedburner email subscription link to my blog.  At the top right of this page, you can enter your email address and then you'll get an automatic email whenever I post a new update.  Please sign up as we all know you don't want to miss any of my "frequent" updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment