Coffee, who drinks that now? On bed rest, my special drinks are just any thing other than water. Something on ice is a big deal as most of the day I am refilling my water bottle with the room temperature brita pitcher at my bedside. At least no one can accuse me of being a bear before that first cup of caffeinated coffee anymore. (Though I make no promises that once pregnancy and breast feeding are in my past that I will not be immediately returning to my old favorite friend!)
Yesterday was my first rough day. My internet got messed up and thus was unable to go on line for a good part of the day. All that needed to be done was resetting the modem downstairs, but since I am stuck upstairs, I had to wait for someone to come do it for me which ended up being dinner time when my husband made it home. I guess I am not as able to roll with punches right now as I normally am and am pretty dependent on my lap top for my outside communications and entertainment. Luckily I had my book, was able to find an entertaining movie on HBO, and the opportunity to take multiple naps. But overall it was a rough day for more reasons than just the lack of internet, but I think I am entitled to a bad day once in awhile - who isn't, right?
So sorry for no blog update yesterday - no one would have enjoyed negative depressed me. Today is a much better day and my room is full of sunshine. Both cats were on my bed at the same time which does not happen often. It only lasted a few minutes and now I've been abandoned by both -- likely for an even sunnier spot in what will be our babies' room which gets the most am sun. I am looking forward to my Potbellies lunch and a visit from a friend. I hope she does not mind my rumpled hair and PJ bottom attire.
Do me a favor and someone try to leave a comment. I have heard that my settings weren't allowing it, but I think I have rectified the problem. I don't expect daily comments on my witty prose, but am just curious if it is even an option.
Also, attached are a couple 3D face shots of the babies from our ultrasound last week. The resolution does not scan well, but I think you can still see both of their faces pretty clear. Baby A has one of his/her arms in front of his/her mouth. YAY!


BR day 7
22wks6dy
Glad you're having a better day today. Remember to use your phone when the internet breaks. I'm happy to entertain you!!
ReplyDeleteKeep those babies growing! Who knew a baby could be so cute so soon. Ok.....some of you mothers probably already know this but it is news to me. Have a good sunshiney day!
ReplyDeleteKate- those babies are gorgeous!! Are we sure they are Kevin's?? I can't wait to see u soon but I do want to wait at least another 3 months to meet those cuties! Keep your chin up- Melissa
ReplyDeleteHi! This is Hillary's cousin Ann from Philadelphia. Hillary's mom (Julia) was visiting this week and passed on your blog info to me, so I thought I'd say hi... I don't know if Hillary ever mentioned her cousins with twins in Philadelphia, but that would be me and my boy/girl twins, and my brother and his two girls.
ReplyDeleteOur posse of twins are all older now - two and a half! Full-on toddlers! But I can remember back when I was waiting for them to be born. I've also worked as an RN in HUP's Intensive Care Nursery for the past five years. So I kind of sort of (ok, not really) know what you're facing, even though I was never placed on bedrest myself.
Anyway, hang in there! The only person I ever heard of who actually enjoyed (mostly) being on bedrest was Julia from "Here be Hippogriffs". That's a fun infertility-morphed-into-older-child-and-twins blog, if you have any time on your hands to check it out (ha ha).
Wishing you the best, and hope you don't mind me introducing myself. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about anything at all from a NICU nurse's point of view.
Ann
Oh, and by the way? There is no 22 weeks 7 days. That's 23 weeks, girl! You go!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! One week down! That is a great milestone and one you should definitely celebrate. I LOVE your blog :)
ReplyDelete... oh, by the way DarlingPhotography.com is me Erin :) Somehow I have my account set up with my photography name, which shouldn't even be Darling anymore anyway. But it's me! :)
ReplyDeletehey kate! sharon sent me your blog...i am loving it so far, gotta spend some more time reading later when i'm not at work. i love that you are watching day time tv again, reminds me of linda cause she loved general hospital in high school. ok, hope you are well!
ReplyDeletelove, dianna