Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why no post?

I just got an email from Kevin pointing out that I haven't posted any updates since Saturday. You would think that at least he would be aware of the fact that my life is not terribly exciting right now. Let's see, here are the big things I've accomplished in the last few days:

1) I watched the entire mini-series of Pride and Prejudice (BBC version?) with Colin Firth. For P&P lovers, it is fabulous and I'm probably the only true fan out there who hasn't already seen it. According to my friend Hill, there is a new PBS miniseries on Emma which she highly recommends and I am on the lookout for.

2) I finished book 4 of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series - "Drums of Autumn" I also credit the reading of this series to Hill and we are both addicted to these books which came out in the early 90s. They are an interesting mix of historical fiction, romance, and a little fantasy time travel mixed in.

3) I swapped my PJ/yoga pants for khakis in order to go to my weekly doctor's visit yesterday. The report was good. Next ultrasound is on Friday so more updates after that.

4) On the way home from the doctor, we stopped quickly at a paint store in order to pick out the color for the babies' room. It will either be Lime Granita or Dancing Green - not that will help you picture the color at all (basically a pale warm green).

5) I hung out with my cats and noticed yesterday that they followed me from room to room. When I was upstairs, they were sleeping somewhere in my bedroom. When I was downstairs, they found a place to sleep in our family room. They like having me around. Granted Addy is currently MIA so my theory is already debunked.

6) I watched the rain fall yesterday out my windows hoping that the snow would finally get washed off my azalea bushes which are still weighed down from the blizzard of 2010 - only to find out that it is supposed to snow again tonight/tomorrow. I think we have gotten more snow this winter in Philadelphia than what fell in total the six years I lived in Chicago. Crazy.

That's all for now. :-)

BR day 27 (can you believe it?)
25wks5d

1 comment:

  1. Ann (Hillary's cousin)February 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

    Aha! yet *another* person who loves the Outlander series. I have totally got to check this out...

    Also, per your cartoon from a few days back - just wait till the kids start talking to each other about their body parts for real. Oh - and the whole "to stand, or not to stand while peeing" debate when it comes to potty training... lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete