Wednesday, April 21, 2010

83 days down! Final post before BABIES!!!!

It is less than 24 hours until the twins are here. I really cannot believe it. I am feeling excited, ready, and nervous all at the same time. The c-section is scheduled for tomorrow - we still do not know the time and now they are saying we may not know the time until tomorrow - driving me nuts not knowing. They claim the babies will be out 5 minutes after they start and then it will take another 30-40 to sew me back up. Crazy!

As this is my final day on bed rest, I feel the need for a little reflection and a lot of gratitude. I can't believe that it has been 83 days and that I made it 12 weeks. Overall, it was not so bad and really the time did fly by. Though, as you all know, there were more than a few bumps along the way and I really haven't enjoyed living in the hospital for the last month. I am ready for the babies to be here, for bed rest to be behind me, and to get to go home. There is no question that things will be totally different than they were before bed rest, but I cannot wait to be home, hug my cats, and get to sleep (whatever small amount I will get) in my bed beside Kevin again.

Now on to the gratitude . . .

First and foremost, I have to thank Kevin as my being on bed rest was really a sentence to him just as much to me. I could write for days on all that he has done and sacrificed during this time, but you all already know how great he is and how hard he has worked to keep our lives running, to get us ready for the babies, and to keep me in some sort of a happy stable emotional state. Thank you for all of those amazing meals when I was home on bed rest, for putting up with the fact that I seemed to have a new list of things I needed every day in the hospital, for taking such good care of Addy and Emma and putting up with the fact that I asked daily if you'd remembered to feed and pet them, and of course for getting the babies room all set up and stocked on your own. I am so excited to become parents together tomorrow and to start this next adventure as a new family.

I'd also like to thank our parents for all of their help and support throughout the entire pregnancy. Whether it was doing load after load of our laundry, scrubbing the bathtub, painting, spreading fertilizer, or just visiting with us, it was a huge help and we are so lucky to have you all by our sides. I cannot wait to for the twins to meet their Grandmom, Pop, and Granddad. They are very lucky kiddos.

Thanks to all of our extended family and all of our friends. All of the phone calls, baby showers, weekly post cards, care packages, house and hospital visits, emails, blog comments, baby gifts - it all has made a difference and I wish I could acknowledge each of you individually, but please know I am grateful.

To all the nurses at Bryn Mawr Hospital - especially Kerry, Jen, Karen, Chris, and Helene - thank you so much for the encouragement and positivity that you have provided me for the last 4 weeks. It has been amazing and very very needed.

Finally, to Baby A and Baby B, I cannot wait to meet you both tomorrow. It is so hard to believe that the day is here and that we will get to see you so soon. We are so so so blessed to have you both.

Bedrest day 83
33wks5dy
Less than 1 day until getting to meet Baby A & B!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I am crying. What does that mean I will be doing when the babies come?? Crying and jumping around I guess! :) I am so incredibly happy for you two. You are both inspirations and truly amazing. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow and am so excited to see pictures and hear how the expanded Grugan family is doing. I love you all!
    Erin :)

    by the way c-section babies rock... we're the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate and Kevin, we will be thinking about you guys tomorrow and wishing for a very easy and uneventful birth! Can't wait to hear what colors I will be making blanket #2! #1 is coming along very nicely btw - green, blue and white.
    Love, Bridget (and Dave)

    ReplyDelete