Monday, March 29, 2010

My new countdown

The white board in hospital room 2006 has the number 25 on it. That is the number of days I need to stay here to make it to 34 weeks. If I make it that far, than they will send me home on bed rest to wait out the start of labor. At times today, 25 seemed totally doable, though there were other points of that day where it seem like an eternity and not achievable whatsoever.

I would say I am having a much harder time transitioning to my new home than I did transitioning from my normal life to bed rest at my house in Havertown. I guess it is to be expected, but knowing that doesn't really make it any easier. I try to focus on the fact that this is the best place for the babies and me to be, and that every day here is a gift to them allowing them to grow and thrive in their safe little (or not so little) nest. It is good practice for motherhood, I guess, as it is clearly no longer about my comfort or what I would like best, but really what is right for them. Hmph.

The nurses seem to have an inate sense of whenever I have a mini (or not so mini) breakdown and always pick that time to stop by to take my vitals or hook me up to the monitor. At times I feel like I have no independence or privacy, but then at other times, I am starved for attention and conversation. So really, who knows what will make me happy!

It doesn't help that I dropped my laptop on the floor yesterday and it no longer works. Poor Kevin had to make an emergency trip to Penn today and make a plea to our tech guy to fix it ASAP. He also left me his laptop for the night so that I could catch up on emails, my blog, and watch DVDs. He is working hard and trying to make all of this as easy for me as possible. I probably am not doing the same for him and for that I am sorry and will strive to do better tomorrow.

Thanks for all the emails and phone calls. They are needed right now. My phone number listed in my last blog entry works and is the best number to use to call me as Kevin and I are close to running out of our monthly cell minutes and still have a week to go before it resets. Oops.

I apologize if the overall tone of this entry is a little down. I have tried to keep my blog posts upbeat as it helps me stay in the right mindset. Tomorrow is another day closer to the end goal. XOXO

BR day 60
30wks 3d
25 days until 34 weeks

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to see that you have transitioned to the hospital... am wishing you luck and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another day closer!! Cheers to 23 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're there, but I was very glad to hear that the nasty mag did it's stuff and stopped the contractions. Yup, you're in the best place, but I know it isn't easy.
    Hope your techy guy can get your laptop fixed without too much fuss. (Your husband is a sweetie for giving you his to use in the meantime.)
    I look forward to more positive updates and watching the number on your door continue to count down. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete