Hey All,
Sorry this is delayed in posting. I would like to say it was because yesterday was a really busy day for me, but to be honest, I spent the entire day finishing the book The Help which I enjoyed so much that I couldn't put it down until the end. Thanks Court for the recommendation! Before that, I had just read a book from my Aunt Barbara called Mudbound which I also recommend to anyone who looking for something to read. The two books are a nice pair as each is set in the 19650s and deal with southern race relations.
Friday, I hit the 28 week milestone and had an ultrasound. Both babies are continuing to grow as they should - Baby A was clocked in at 2 lbs 11 oz and Baby B at 2 lbs 4 oz. Both are within the normal size for 28 week fetuses. My cervix is continuing to shorten at each scan, but remains closed for now. The doctor did not recommend changing the amount of activity I am allowed to do, but Kevin and I both agree that I need to stay horizontal for as much of the day as possible and to decrease my trips up/down the stairs when I can. Even though these past six weeks have flown by, I am feeling a little apprehensive and overwhelmed by the idea of making it another 6-8 weeks. I would love for the twins to avoid the NICU and be able to come home from the hospital with me. On my bed rest log where I keep track of daily water and food intake, I have countdowns going for 31, 34, and 37 weeks. Baby steps . . .
Saturday, some of my lab mates from Penn came over for a small "surprise" shower bringing with them some fun gifts and tasty treats. It was fun to see everyone and catch up -- I miss seeing them all at work daily (well sorta . . . ). The Philly area was hit with a ridiculous rain and wind storm on Saturday timed exactly for the shower so I was impressed everyone made it to Havertown. Thanks guys!
On a final note, I am also reading a book called Ready or Not Here We Come which is meant to be a guide to the first year of raising twins with a light humorous outlook. While funny at times, it has me rather frightened and overwhelmed. Ugh. Not sure going into this "prepared" is such a good idea.
XOXO to you all!
BR day 46
28wks3d
No comments:
Post a Comment