Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy St. Paddy's Day. I hope there are a lot of green shirts being worn, green beer being drank, and meals of corned beef, cabbage, irish potatoes, and soda bread being consumed. We currently have corned beef in the crock pot to have tonight for our annual dinner. This will be our first time making it with the crock pot so I will let you know how it goes. Kevin did all the prep work this morning and will do the final preparations before we eat tonight, I simply put the meat in the pot and hit go. YAY!

We are slowly making progress on our house preparations for the babies. I put my dad to work this weekend to paint a few of our upstairs window trims in advance of the installation of plantation shutters that arrived yesterday. Thanks Dad! If you have been to my house, you probably noticed all of the lovely window treatments in our upstairs that I never bothered to change upon moving in 1.5 years ago. Well, I can happily say they are finally gone and the shutters I've wanted for ages are here. I love them.
While painting the windows, my dad tested out a VOC free paint from Lowes (Olympic premium) so that I did not have to breathe in any paint fumes. Since he gave it a thumbs up, Kevin took our selected babies room color swatch of Lime Granita to Lowes and picked up paint for the walls. (Thanks to all who helped with the voting for the color selection!) Kevin has the week before Easter off from school so the current plan is to get the babies room painted and somewhat set up while he is off from school. His pre-bed rest plan was to spend part of this week off down in Florida on his brother Jim's annual Phillies spring training extravaganza. All the babies and I can say is -- "Sorry Dad and Uncle Jim!"

Finally, I wanted to send out a word of congratulations to my friends who have recently had little babies join the world. My high school friend Dana had baby Colton last week and our friend Melissa delivered baby Nathan yesterday. (You will all remember Melissa from the picture posted a few weeks ago!) Everyone is doing great and I am quite jealous that their babies have arrived --- not that I want mine to make their appearance anytime soon, of course, but if these next few weeks could fly by, that wouldn't be so bad.

BR day 48
28wk5d

1 comment:

  1. That is okay! Come out healthy and happy, thats all that matters. We will make up for it during the season.

    Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete